Monday, September 21, 2009

Memories

I was thinking the other day about how much I love to cook. When did that love begin? Then I remembered how my mom would teach me how to bake. Each Sunday we would make a dessert. It was always something wonderful and yummy. Desserts during the week didn't really happen, that was special, saved for Sunday. I pulled out my very first cookbook. Here it is...

It's falling apart but I love to look through it and remember the fun recipes I tried. I was 10 years old when it was given to me as a gift, probably my birthday or something. When I was 11, my parents divorced. My new stepfather went into my precious cookbook and changed my last name to his. This is his actual handwriting. This did not sit well with me as you can imagine. When I look at it, the memories it conjures up are still so vivid. But, I'm so grateful that I have kept this wonderful memento from my childhood.







1 comment:

  1. Vicki said: I did not know that that creep did that to you! It's just another long list of creepy weird things he did. But I am glad you kept the cook book, you probably got it from Nana and that is a good memory for you. I don't really remember her though. I don't remember do desserts on Sunday, was that before the creep came around? Glad you have some happy memories to share with the rest of us.....

    ReplyDelete