Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Peach Cobbler Time!



Oh my holy goodness! It's peach time in Utah. Is there nothing better than a sun warmed peach picked off the tree, washed then eaten whole as the sweet juices drip down your hand, then your arm until it falls off at your elbow! And yes, I know you can get peaches at other times of the year, but seriously, it just isn't the same.


So, in honor of peach days, I decided it was time to make my families all time favorite Peach Cobbler! And since they are always calling me for the recipe, here it is for all to enjoy! I believe it was my grandmother's, if not, at least I'm pretty sure I got it from my mom!
Enjoy
Essie's Peach Cobbler

1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp Butter
2 c. sugar, divided
3/4 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
3/4 c milk
2 c sliced peaches

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 2 quart dish in oven. Combine 1 c sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and stir until mixed. Pour batter over butter in baking dish but DO NOT STIR. Combine peaches and remaining 1 c of sugar. Spoon over the batter but DO NOT STIR. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
If canned peaches are used, do not drain, use 1/2 c sugar in peaches and 1/2 c sugar in batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment